BSJ Care Center
2501 Shelby Road, La Crosse, WI 54601
608-788-5700 Fax 608-788-4030
BSJ Care Center, located on the south side of La Crosse, WI, offers an array of skilled nursing, rehabilitative and memory care services for individuals of various ages and diverse health care needs.
Recently rated a 5-Star Facility by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services!
Special Events Highlights
Catholic Mass twice weekly – Wednesday at 10:30am / Sunday at 11:00am
Bingo – Thursdays & Saturdays 3:00pm
Ecumenical Worship Service & Social – Sunday at 1:15pm
Link to Weekly Programs – For Both Neighborhoods
Weekly Recreation Programs BSJCC Starts Jan 17
* See the WXOW TV19 News story by Heather Armstrong about Carole Plante at BSJ Care Center, Recipient of the Jefferson Award.
“When I come here to volunteer, I think I’m giving myself to them (residents) but really they are giving me everything I need.” Jefferson Award Recipient Carole Plante (If link doesn’t open, paste to Google Chrome)
* See the WKBT TV8 News story by Sarah Thamer about Joe Cody, Musician at BSJ Care Center.
Local musician helping those with Alzheimers.
“It is said where words leave off, music begins.” Musician Joe Cody Sings For Residents With Alzheimers
- 114 Skilled Nursing Care Beds
- Intensive Nursing Services: Diabetic, Stroke, Wound & Post Hospital Care
- Comprehensive Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy & Speech Programs
- Enhanced Therapy Program **
- Medicare & Medicaid Certified
- Comfort and Palliative Support (CAPS) Program
- Memory Care Unit – Avalon * (see below for details)
- Medical Appointment Transportation
- Pastoral Care
- Volunteer Program
- Daily Recreation Programs
- Complimentary Cable for TV
- Private Rooms Available
- Single Story, No Steps
- Beauty & Barber Shop
- Holiday Meals for Families
- Resident Internet Access
- Family Room for Families with
Loved Ones on CAPS Program
- Ecumenical Religious Service Sunday
- Catholic Mass Sunday & Wednesday & Rosary
- Frequent Special Events
- Outdoor Resident Gardens
- Private Party Facilities Available
- Located on the City Bus Line
- Close to Shopping & Restaurants
~ Wisconsin Music & Memory Initiative Certified Facility
* AVALON – Memory Care, Dementia Care
A place of support and understanding for those with memory care needs. View information about this innovative care concept. Avalon
** ENHANCED THERAPY PROGRAM Safe, Secure, Supportive
Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy
Serving all ages for short term therapy needs with professional & quality care.
Private room at no additional charge while in the program.
See Enhanced Therapy Program Flyer for qualifying details.
~ Newsletter for Residents, Families & Community
Click on the issue below for the BSJ Inspiring Times Newsletter
Newsletter BSJCC Fall Oct 2019
Newsletter BSJCC Winter Jan 2019
Newsletter BSJCC Fall Oct 2018
History and About Us
For over 40 years, BSJ Care Center has been providing quality care in a professional and caring manner to those in need of skilled nursing, rehabilitative services and specialized memory care. Our staff are continually trained with the latest techniques and standards for providing exceptional care to our residents. We are conveniently located on the city bus line and near the Shelby Shopping Mall on the south side of La Crosse, WI.
Looking for an opportunity to share your talent, time and skills? Why not join us for a variety of activities and recreational opportunities that benefit the lives of our residents? We would love to hear from you. Give us a call or send an email to our Volunteer Coordinator.
Volunteer Opportunities Include but are not limited to:
♦ Pet visits ♦ Sharing musical talent ♦ Transporting residents to events ♦ Help with gardening
♦ Teach a craft ♦ Play cards & games ♦ Work with residents on internet ♦One-on-one visits
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program
See more photos of our
Care Center under the
“Photo Gallery” tab of this website.
Front Entry of BSJ Care Center
Contact Us at: 608-788-5700 or by email below
|Admissions||Social Services||Social Services Admissions|
|Administration||Larry Pupp, Administrator||Administrator|
|Nursing Services||Belinda Nickelatti, Director of Nursing||Director of Nursing|
|Residents’ Email||Email messages will be delivered.
(Place resident’s name in the Subject Box.)
|Volunteer Coordination||Kim Scholze, Recreation Therapy Supervisor||Recreation Therapy Supervisor|