Tenant Care Assistant – Prairie Home
Create an uplifting and safe environment that promotes independence while providing personal and supportive services to tenants within an assisted living community. Maintain the facility to assure safety and cleanliness.
Job related tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work cooperatively and communicate with staff team to assure tenants receive quality care
- Assist with general cares of tenants such as dressing, bathing, grooming, toileting, assistance with adaptive aids
- Respond to unscheduled tenant needs
- Perform housekeeping duties in tenant apartments and common areas, including cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, straightening
- Launder linens and personal tenant laundry
- Assist with ambulation & transport via wheelchair
- Medication services (administration, reminders, et al)
- Lead tenant activities (physical, social, educational, spiritual)
- Assist with dining service
- Shovel snow and apply salt when maintenance is not present to assure clear pathways to the building
- Remove trash from the building
- Document cares and services
- Provide tours to prospective tenants
- Inventory and request needed supplies
- Attend meetings and mandatory trainings
- Answer phones
Pay period hours: 32 hours over a two-week period
Details on hours: 10:00pm-6:00AM
Must be 18 yrs. of age and successfully complete BSJ Community Services Tenant Care Assistant Orientation. Experience working in Assisted Living or Long Term Care is beneficial, but not required. We will train the right fit for our team.
Competitive starting wage based on experience, with step increases to the midpoint.
Available at 60+ hours/pay period: Paid time off Program, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) retirement program.
Available at 20+ hours/pay period: Paid time off Program, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) retirement program.
Available to all: Paid time off Program, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) retirement program.