Tenant Care and Office Assistant
We are now hiring for a full-time (40 hours a week) Tenant Care and Office Assistant. This position assists the Director in creating an uplifting and safe environment by performing a variety of day-to-day operations and direct service supporting the provision of individualized, high quality services to tenants. The Tenant Care and Office Assistant functions both as a TCA and Office Assistant.
Tenant related job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Conduct on going chart review and assist in completion of documents contained in the chart.
- Monitor and follow up on records requiring staff signatures including MARS, service plans, et al.
- Complete and submit weekly dining orders.
- Create, promote, facilitate, and support activity programs both in and out of the facilities.
- Operate corporate vehicles to transport tenants to activities
- Assure tenant emergency information is posted in apartments.
- Perform general clerical duties such including but not limited to maintaining tenant lists, updating mailbox and tenant directory, preparing tour packs, copying, collating, and compiling.
- Perform job functions described in the Tenant Care Assistant job description when acting in that role. The Tenant Care and Office Assistant is anticipated to provide approximately 20 hours/week of Tenant Care Assistant service.
- Execute service plan
- Review communication board and corresponding progress notes at start of each shift
- Submit individual participant progress notes
- Work with facility and interdisciplinary team to assure delivery of quality tenant care
- Provide care and services in all multidisciplinary areas of assisted living including but not limited Health/Wellness, Personal Services, Supportive Services, Recreational/Life Enrichment Services, Nutritional Services, Environmental Services
Regulatory and general job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintain compliance with local, state, federal, regulatory, and accrediting body standards. Maintain all necessary paperwork for tenants as required under the HFS 89 state code.
- Assure tenant rights and autonomy.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment for tenants, visitors and staff. Conduct monthly safety checks, promote safety, and report malfunctions/maintenance issues.
- Contribute to public relations efforts promoting BSJC including but not limited tours and events.
- Support volunteer efforts.
- Maintain the confidentiality of tenants and staff information.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in a safe and clean condition. Support and abide by all safety practices set forth by BSJ Corporation including but not limited to using proper body mechanics, minimizing trips and falls, good & safe housekeeping and reporting hazardous working conditions.
- Understand and use appropriate universal precautions while performing job tasks including but not limited to using personal protective equipment, proper hand washing procedures and proper infection control and body substance isolation procedures.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff, tenants, families and the Director.
- Maintain regular communication with the Director.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Director.
Staff and facility related tasks include but are not limited to:
- Schedule staff; assure all shifts are covered.
- Back-up for unplanned TCA absences/ call-ins.
- Inventory supplies and submit purchasing requests; check-in product upon receipt.
- Answer telephone professionally, log messages, and promote facility to callers and visitors.
Must be 18 yrs. of age, possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable, able to operate corporate vehicles and successfully complete BSJ Corporate and Community Services orientation. CNA Certification helpful but not mandatory.
The successful candidate will be able to function as a team member in the provision of tenant services. They will be organized, self-directed, use good judgement, establish priorities and demonstrate leadership qualities. They will represent themselves and the organization in a professional manner and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Competitive starting wage based on experience.
Benefits: Benefit Overview
Available at 60+ hours/pay period: Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off Program, Paid Volunteer Time, Health Insurance, HRA, FSA, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Available at 40+ hours/pay period: Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off Program, Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Available to all: Paid Time Off Program, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan