Registered Nurse (Assisted Living) NO Weekends or Holidays
We are now hiring for a Registered Nurse for our Assisted Living and Adult Day Center. The RN provides compassionate and professional care and nursing services to assisted living tenants and adult day care participants. In collaboration with the director, provide leadership and direction to direct care staff regarding medication and medical practices within Community Services.
This position works 40-50 hours over a two-week period . Primary hours are 8:00am – 4:30pm.
Tenant related job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Direct to complete pre-occupancy screening, assessment, risk agreement, and the negotiated service agreement in conjunction with the tenant, family, and other stakeholders
- Assist tenants in maintenance of health, prevention of illness, retention of independence and general care
- Oversee medication monitoring and medication management, including but not limited administration of medications, ordering, storage, distribution and disposal of discontinued or old medications. Monitor and audit the medication related activities of staff. Consult with pharmacists and physicians.
- Delegate predictable nursing tasks to unlicensed staff. Monitor and document training and demonstration of needed competence and ongoing performance of delegated tasks
- Review tenant records. Document changes, symptoms, reactions and progress of tenants. Implement changes in consultation with the director.
- Conduct monthly blood pressure and weight checks
Regulatory and general job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintain compliance with local, state, federal, regulatory, and accrediting body standards. Maintain all necessary paperwork for tenants as required under the DHS 89 state code.
- Review, complete and take action as needed, tenant/visitor/staff incident reports
- Respond to phone calls during unscheduled hours
Staff and facility related tasks include but are not limited to:
- Providing ongoing support, training, direction, supervision and feedback to staff
- Facilitate staff communication. Assure employees receive status report on changing conditions of tenants.
- Provide orientation and in-service training for staff as required under DHS 89 state code for RCACs.
- Attend departmental meetings, work group/committee meetings, mandatory in-services
- Arrange for facility coverage by another nurse during time off.
Must have current Registered Nurse licensure within WI. Experience working with seniors, and basic computer skills are beneficial.
Competitive starting salary based on experience.
Available at 60+ hours/pay period: Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off Program, Paid Volunteer Time, Health Insurance, HRA, FSA, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Available at 40+ hours/pay period: Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off Program, Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Available to all: Paid Time Off Program, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan