Program Lead, Adult Day Center
Location: MERIT Centre North
Pay period hours: 67 hours over a two-week pay period (part-time only hours available on request)
Details on hours: Primarily 7:30am-4:00pm, but may vary based on participant need.
Driving Required: Yes
- Provide cares and services in all multidisciplinary areas including but not limited to:
- Health/Wellness (Assure medications are taken as ordered, assess participant accuchecks, weights and vitals)
- Personal Services (Provide activities of daily living including but not limited to assisting with eating, grooming, toileting, transferring, ambulating, and spa baths)
- Recreational Services (Develop programming schedule and facilitate activities both on and off site)
- Nutritional Services (Facilitate preparation, serving & clean-up of meals and snacks)
- Environmental Services (Assure cleanliness and safety of the facility and grounds, including light snow shoveling, applying salt to sidewalks, and picking up grounds. Remove trash daily and perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning kitchen (counters, refrigerator, oven), washing dishes, dusting, window washing, restroom cleaning, etc.
- Launder facility linens and participant personal laundry as needed.
- Promote and assure participant rights and autonomy.
- Engage program participants through interaction and participation in activities.
- Delegate day to day tasks to program assistants to facilitate daily programming and assure participants receive services
- Must be 18 yrs. of age and successfully complete BSJ Community Services Lead Program Assistant Orientation.
- Experience working in Long Term Care is beneficial, but not required. We will train the right fit for our team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Ability to plan, organize, and facilitate participant programming
- Possess good reading, verbal and written communication skills. Display strong interpersonal skills
- Utilize good judgment, be self-directed and establish priorities
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and positive attitude to tenants, families, staff and other stakeholders
- Display patience, tact, sense of humor and enthusiasm and a willingness to work with difficult participants
- Ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action
- Ability to adapt to varying situations and people
- Adaptable and organized to meet the demands of the job. Able to concentrate and work under pressure.
Competitive starting wage based on experience, with step increases to the midpoint.
Benefits: Benefit Overview
Available at 60+ hours/pay period: Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off Program, Paid Volunteer Time, Health Insurance, HRA, FSA, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Available at 40+ hours/pay period: Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off Program, Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Available to all: Paid Time Off Program, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan