Housing Assistant (West Salem)
Salem Terrace & Mill St. Manor in West Salem is looking for a full-time Housing Assistant to conduct rental activities and address tenant issues. This is a full-time (M-F) position, working from 8:00am – 3:30pm.
Primary job duties include:
- Provide tours to prospective tenants
- Complete rental processes (renting, move-in, move-out) with tenants
- Deep clean apartments after a tenant vacates
- Perform routine housekeeping duties in tenant apartments and common areas, including cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, straightening
- Launder linens and personal tenant laundry
- Develop and facilitate tenant activities (physical, social, educational, spiritual)
- Assist with dining service
- Assist maintenance with light duty maintenance such as changing light bulbs, plant care, watering shrubbery/lawns
- Shovel snow and apply salt when maintenance is not present to assure clear pathways to the building
- Answer phones, log messages
Must be 18 yrs. of age and successfully complete BSJ Community Services Department and housing orientation. Experience working with seniors is beneficial, but not required. We will train the right fit for our team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently.
Competitive starting wage based on experience.
Available at 60+ hours/pay period: Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off Program, Paid Volunteer Time, Health Insurance, HRA, FSA, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, Critical Care and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Available at 40+ hours/pay period: Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off Program, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Critical Care and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Available to all: Paid Time Off Program, Employee Assistance Program, and 403(b) Retirement Plan.