Health Information Manager (HIM)
The Onalaska Care Center is seeking a Health Information Manager (HIM) with a strong leadership and health care background. This position is responsible for the overall management of medical records and health information This position requires solid understanding of ICD-10 Coding, Federal, State and local healthcare laws related to HIM and HIPPA regulations. We offer excellent starting pay and benefits.
Primary Job Duties
- Maintain resident medical records and chart control including collecting and appropriately distributing medical record information to key personnel throughout the facility.
- Review medical documentation and assign appropriate ICD-10 codes in order for billing to occur.
- Responsible for conducting chart audits, preparing reports and reporting data.
- Responsible for HIM Department’s Quality Assurance reporting.
- Oversees the Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) and serves as a back-up for the HUC duties.
- Knowledge in medical terminology, medical record rules and regulations and HIPAA compliance.
- Knowledge of clinical medicine, computer-based patient record, coding and classification systems as well as ethical, legal and regulatory and accrediting agency requirements.
- Requires an Associates degree from an accredited program related to medical records.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Experience in long-term care