Director of Nursing (Onalaska Care Center)
Bethany St. Joseph Corporation has an outstanding opportunity for a Wisconsin-licensed registered nurse, as Director of Nursing at the Onalaska Care Center. The Onalaska Care Center is licensed for 80 skilled nursing beds. BSJ Corporation is committed to its wonderful staff, through which we are known for providing outstanding care. BSJ Skilled Nursing Facilities are consistently rated 4-5 stars by CMS.
Onalaska Care Center employees along with other BSJ employees were recently given COVID Service Appreciation bonuses totaling more than $1,170,000.00. With a vaccination rate of over 90% of residents and staff corporation-wide, we are thrilled to be moving on from COVID. New wage scales and pay increases, combined with our fringe benefits provides a total compensation package befitting an employer of choice. The Onalaska Care Center, like other BSJ facilities, does not utilize outside “pool help”, but rewards its own employees for extra efforts.
At Onalaska Care Center, we provide skilled nursing care. But how we do it makes our staff’s and residents’ hearts sing.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the planning, organization, direction, supervision and evaluation of all the nursing services provided including supervising the Nurse Managers and managing nursing staff. Ensures nursing department compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Current WI RN license
- Demonstrated success in a Nursing leadership role
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other center staff.
- Possess an interest in working with long-term care residents and the elderly.
- Two or more years of experience in long-term care / SNF preferred
- A commitment to mission, service to others, quality care and safety.
- Organizational skills; people oriented with strong interpersonal communications.
- Possess leadership and team work qualities and have a high energy level.
- Customer service focus. Value the residents served and staff serving.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulatory, and Medicare/Medicaid program requirements.
BSJ Corporation provides a highly competitive and comprehensive benefit and compensation package.